Join us for an exclusive journey into the captivating world of costume production at DSI London. Includes coach travel from Chatham or Maidstone and your ticket to the tour.
Gain an in-depth understanding of the meticulous craftsmanship that goes into creating performance costumes, including Ballroom & Latin dresses, costumes featured on "Strictly Come Dancing," dance events, cruises, renowned West End shows, and high-profile films.
Discover the unique challenges faced by the UK production industry and the exceptional efforts required to consistently meet tight deadlines.
Take a guided tour through our showroom, stock rooms, and production facilities, where creativity and precision converge.
Don't miss this exclusive opportunity to explore the artistry and dedication behind the scenes of costume production. We look forward to sharing our world with you.
CSSC has arranged a tour for up to 30 persons at 2pm on Thursday May 9th.
• Starting with a champagne reception with a choice of Prosecco or a refreshing soft drink. We meet in the showroom for the introduction and the main talk.
• You will learn how long they have to make the dresses, explaining the process from initial design, from award winning costume designer Vicky Gill to final rhinestone and the specifics of any performance dress.
• Then we will go for a walk throughout the whole premises, exploring the actual production rooms of the famous "Strictly" dresses including the "magic" crystallising section.
• We visit the stockroom featuring a kaleidoscope of sparking fabrics in incredible bright colours.
• There may even be the chance to try one of the original dresses and give it a whirl and spin.
• Finally, you may hear a few sparking stories and hidden secrets of "Behind the Seams".
Arrival at Strictly venue - approx. 12pm
Lunch 12 30 pm – 1.45pm (not included)
Tour starts at 2pm
Leave for home at approx. 4.30pm
Non member £52
• 10.00am from ROKO car park, by B&Q, in the Gillingham Business Park, adequate free parking
• 10.30am from Maidstone Civil Service Club, Recreation Close, Maidstone, adequate free parking
This gives us time to have lunch before the tour, not included. As the venue is on an Industrial Estate there are not many options, but 10 mins walk away there is JRC Global Buffet restaurant, offering a variety of foods.
Tickets will be handed out on the coach.
Tickets are available to book on the CSSC website.
Login to CSSC website and select "Book now".
Select the correct quantity of tickets and enter the required information.
Make payment online and receive a booking confirmation via email.
The closing date for applications is 28th March.